Last updated: 25 May 2018
Hi, Ethan Green here. I care about how my own personal data is used by other companies online. So I also try to do what’s right for readers of this website, risingmaster.com
Please read this entire policy to make sure you fully understand our privacy practices.
You can contact me, Ethan Green, using the form on the contact me page.
You can also email me directly:
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We understand that the topics of this website make privacy very important. For that reason, we try not to collect your personal data unless necessary.
We also understand that you might want to browse this website without others knowing about it.
- We don’t include any social sharing buttons on the site. This is to prevent you from intentionally or accidentally sharing any potentially embarrassing content with anyone.
- You are allowed to write anonymous comments without including a name or email.
There are some situations in which we use other personally identifying information, such as your IP address, to help us assess and improve the website.
There is also embedded content from other websites which put cookies in your browser.
I’ll explain each of these points in more details below:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We ask you to include your name and email address, but this is optional: you can make up a name or just leave those parts blank.
- We won’t publish your email address.
- We won’t contact you directly using your email unless you asked us to.
- We don’t add any emails included in comments to any marketing email list.
- Any email addresses, telephone numbers, physical addresses or full names written in comments are manually deleted when we moderate comments.
If you use the contact form, we ask for your name and email address so we can reply to you.
We will keep your name and email address until one month after our last contact, in case we need to respond further to you. After that time, it will be deleted.
Your name and email will not be added to any marketing list. So it will be used only to talk about your initial message.
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows a website to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, tablet or mobile device.
If you leave a comment on this website you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Currently, the only embedded content we have is a small number of informational Youtube videos.
We use google analytics tracking so we can understand how readers use our website. It tells us useful information which helps us improve the website and user experience.
Examples include: how long people spend reading an article, which are the most popular articles, and which article they read next when they finish one.
If you prefer, you can use a browser add-on to switch this tracking off. You can use the google opt-out browser add-on.
Who we share your data with
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to outside parties.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Data that is collected about you by the google tracking package is kept for 2 years.
If you sign up to follow us by email, we will keep your email and name indefinitely, or until you ask us to remove you from the list.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left a comment or signed up to our email marketing list, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We store any personal data we keep on our private dedicated server, which is managed by A2 hosting in the United States.
We use a third-party provider called MailChimp to store your email and send you marketing emails if you sign up for that service.
You can ask us to unsubscribe you from this email list and have your data deleted at any time.
How we protect your data
- We have received training in data protection and understand the importance of protecting your data.
- We use an SSL certificate on the website.
- We use a managed dedicated server to minimize security breach risks from other websites.
- We review our information storage practices to ensure we conform to best practice.
- We do not share your personal data with anyone.
What data breach procedures we have in place
- We use regular vulnerability and malware scanning.
- We monitor the website for any data breaches.
- If we discover a data breach, we will inform our users within 24 hours by email if appropriate, and with a message on each page of the website.
Amazon.com affiliate disclosure
If you click a link within an article on this website which takes you to amazon.com or another country’s version of Amazon, we may make a financial commission.
In most cases, tracking cookies are put on your computer by Amazon when you visit them from us. So we make a commission during the time period that the cookie stays on your computer, which is decided by Amazon.
Amazon.com also have their own wording they would like us to use:
Malcolm Davies who is the owner of www.nosleeplessnights.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our Service does not address or market to anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.