Last updated: May 10, 2022
Hi. Ethan Green here. Just like you, I care about how my personal data is used by other companies online. So I think it’s fair to do what’s right for my readers and disclose the privacy practices for at RisingMaster.com.
Please read this entire policy to make sure you fully understand my privacy and cookies practices.
My privacy first approach
My general approach to privacy on this website is to try to limit as much as possible how much information I receive about visitors, as follows:
- There is nothing for you to buy directly on this website, so you never need to provide your name, address, telephone number, bank or credit card details.
- There is no email sign-up form, so you don’t need to provide your email address and name, or worry about receiving endless emails about sex topics in the future.
- There are no social sharing buttons, which reduces the risk that you accidentally link this website to any of your social media accounts.
- If you choose to write a comment on a blog article, it’s fine to do so under an anonymous name and without providing your email address.
Next, I’ll explain what information I might receive about you and when.
A. What personal data do I collect from you?
The following are the situations when I might collect information from you:
Blog comments you write
If you decide to write a comment on a blog article here, I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
I ask you to include your first name and email address, but this is optional: you can make up a name or just leave those parts blank.
- I will never publish your email address, and will delete it if you intentionally or unintentionally write it in the section which is visible to the public.
- I won’t contact you directly using your email unless you ask me to.
- I don’t add any emails included in comments to any marketing email list.
- Any telephone numbers or physical addresses are manually deleted when I moderate comments.
If you do leave your email address when you write a comment, I will delete it after three months.
If you use the contact form, I ask for your name and email address so I can reply to you.
I will keep your name and email address until three months after our last contact, in case I need to respond further to you. After that time, I’ll delete it.
Your name and email will not be added to any marketing list and will be used only to talk about your initial message.
B. What Is The Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Data?
The only reason I collect your name and email address in the above situations is so that I can respond to you. I will never contact you first or use your name and email address for any purpose other than replying to a message that you send me.
C. Who has access to the data I collect?
I am the sole owner of the information collected on this website. I do not work as part of a team, so I am the only person who would use the information about you through this website.
I will not rent or sell this information to any individual, company, or third party.
Having said that, this website is run on a third party server, managed by Kinsta. Their engineers and staff could in theory access this website if I gave them permission to, which would only happen if I needed technical support.
Kinsta has made contractual promises to not use your personal data in any manner I do not authorize. And I do not authorize them to use it in any way.
D. What rights you have over your data
If you have left a comment or sent me a message directly, you can ask me to send you an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you’ve provided through this website.
You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you.
Please email me at email@example.com to make these requests.
E. How I protect your data
- I have received training in data protection and understand the importance of protecting your data.
- I use an SSL security certificate on the website for the encryption of data.
- I use a dedicated server to minimize security breach risks from other websites.
- I regularly review my information storage process to ensure I conform to best practices.
- I do not share your personal data with anyone.
F. What data breach procedures I have in place
- I use regular vulnerability and malware scanning.
- I monitor the website for any data breaches.
- If I discover a data breach, I will inform users within 24 hours by email if appropriate, and with a message on each page of the website.
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows a website to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, tablet, or mobile device.
If you leave a comment on this website you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Affiliate marketing cookies
In many of the review articles I write, there are links to buy the products from other companies. If you click on one of those links, a tracking cookie is put on your browser. This allows the company to know that you are visiting them from RisingMaster.com.
The reason for that is that I sometimes make a small financial commission if you buy a product from them after clicking a link in one of my reviews. The cookies last for different amounts of time, so you would need to check the privacy or cookies policy of the website you visit to find out how long it lasts.
As an example, the shortest is Amazon.com which lasts for 24 hours. Some other companies I link to, such as Clickbank.com and LoveHoney.com, have cookies that last for 30 days or longer.
Google analytics tracking cookies
I use Google analytics tracking so I can understand how readers use this website. It tells me useful information that helps me improve the website and user experience.
Examples include: how long people spend reading an article, which articles have the most visitors, and which articles people typically read next when they finish one.
How to manage cookie preferences
If you’d prefer not to accept cookies from RisingMaster.com or any other website, you can turn cookies off in your browser. The links below will take you to each company’s instruction page for managing cookies on their browsers:
You can also choose to opt out of tracking by many companies using cookies via the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out.
Amazon.com affiliate disclosure
If you click a link within an article on this website which takes you to amazon.com or another country’s version of Amazon, I may make a financial commission.
In most cases, tracking cookies are put on your computer by Amazon when you visit them from RisingMaster.com. So I make a commission during the time period that the cookie stays on your computer, which is decided by Amazon.
Amazon.com also have their own wording they would like us to use:
Ethan Green is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
You can also email me directly at: