A blog about overcoming sex problems and having a more satisfying love life
Hi! My name’s Ethan Green, the blogger behind Rising Master. I created this site to help people deal with frustrating sex problems and have more satisfying love lives.
Let me explain a bit about myself, and why you might find this site helpful.
The formal part
I obtained a BSc Psychology degree at University College London in 1999. I then worked for a mental health
The fun part!
What qualifies me to write about sex? The fact that I’ve ‘learned on the job’ for more than 20 years, with many different partners from all around the world.
Let’s call it a combination of experience + a psychological understanding of the body and mind + rich cultural influences.
The painfully honest part
This site isn’t your typical sex blog or chauvinistic male pick-up artist site. Quite the opposite, I hope.
You’ll find some general sex advice, but the main focus is on dealing with the kind of frustrating sex problems that so many people suffer in silence (or semi-blissful ignorance).
I personally struggled with premature ejaculation for many years. It took a long time to accept that I had a problem, and even longer to find decent solutions. Ironically, the only thing that took a long time was dealing with it!
I then had issues with erectile dysfunction following surgery in
Although I think I’ve done a good job of dealing with all of these issues, and now have a very satisfying love life, they can still crop up from time to time. So I remain very interested in trying new techniques and treatments.
What you’ll find on this site
There are essentially 3 types of article here:
- My personal experience of coping with sex problems.
- Detailed reviews of products and treatments.
- Ideas to try out in bed – both general sex advice and techniques to help with specific sex issues.
I also encourage readers to share their experience and ideas. So some articles have gathered many useful comments over the 7 years since I first wrote them.
Why the name Rising Master?
I could tell you I wanted to fuse the concepts of sexual self-improvement, mastery over your body, and the masterful role of a man in a sexual relationship.
But really, I like sex and I like Star Wars, so the name just kind of stuck after a couple of beers one night.
A word about my reviews
Writing detailed reviews is a major part of what I do. Here are some points to bear in mind when reading them:
- I buy every product I review.
- I test the products carefully with my partner, often many times to better understand how they work.
- My photos can be amateurish, but I take them to show you that I actually used the product. I advise caution in the minefield of sex websites that only use stock images of sex products.
- In some cases, I will make a commission if you buy through my link, which helps put bagels on the kitchen table. This does not influence my recommendations though.
- I highly recommend you also read other reviews, especially for treatments that can have side effects. Read other blogs, but also check authority medical websites.
Support for the LGBTQ movement
I write from the perspective of heterosexual sex because that’s who I am. However, I’m well aware that many of the issues I discuss are also experienced by a more diverse community.
So for now, despite the constantly vanilla theme of man + woman on this website, I’d like to say that I fully support the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer movement.
Ethan (contact me here)