Sildamax is a drug in tablet form that’s designed to help men with erectile dysfunction by increasing blood flow to the penis, which results in better erections.
It’s one of a growing number of generic sildenafil citrate pills, which is the active ingredient of the more well-known drug viagra.
It has a relatively low price, and is available without a prescription in many countries. So it appeals to men who can’t easily obtain brand name erectile dysfunction drugs like viagra.
Despite being easier to get hold of, it has the same potential side effects and warnings as viagra. So it’s a good idea to check whether it’s suitable for you – ideally with your doctor.
In this Sildamax review, I’ll be talking about my experience when I tested it recently with my partner. I’ll also discuss the potential side effects, risks and important advice about using it safely.
Who makes it?
When I ordered it, I didn’t receive a box or information leaflet – literally just a blister packet of 10 tablets. So there was no information leaflet, but printed on the blister packet was this:
Exported by: Agron India Limited…Mumbai 40009 India
Agron India Ltd is a pharmaceutical company based in India. I’ve seen some websites that state it’s a reputable company. I looked them up online, and although they have a website with many products listed, I couldn’t see Sildamax among them.
I’ve since written to Agron to find out more, as well as requesting some safety and usage instructions. I’ll update this review when I hear back from them.
What does it look like?
To help with identification, I’ve taken a photo with a Sildamax tablet next to a viagra pill. The Sildamax is the large blue diamond, with 100 written on it. Viagra is smaller, lighter in color and has VGR 50 on it, though could also have VGR 25 or VGR 100.
The active ingredient is 100 mg sildenafil citrate. It’s the same ingredient as viagra, except viagra is available in three dosage levels – 25 mg, 50 mg and 100 mg.
The recommended starting dose of viagra is 50 mg, so I was surprised to find Sildamax came only in the higher 100 mg dose.
Since I didn’t receive a box or patient leaflet, I can’t confirm what other, presumably inactive, ingredients this batch contains. So I’ve asked Agron for more information about the ingredients too.
How does it work
Sildamax should work in the same way as other sildenafil-based erectile dysfunction drugs. Sildenafil increases blood flow to the penis, which helps you get and keep a hard enough erection for sex.
It usually takes 30 to 60 minutes to start working, and you only need to take it before you have sex.
It doesn’t automatically increase libido or give you an erection on its own though. You need to have some kind of sexual stimulation, to which you penis should respond better because of the increased blood flow.
My experience taking Sildamax
When I tested viagra, I experienced a couple of side effects. So with the same ingredients, and at a stronger dose, I decided to keep a detailed timeline of what happened when I took the Sildamax.
- 12.20 p.m. – took one pill with a large glass of water.
- 12.45 – started feeling a little light-headed.
- 12.55 – noticed my vision was a bit strange, especially with white and blue colors.
- 1 p.m. – my partner tells me my face is red, and I also feel a bit flushed.
- 1.10 – I decided I could tolerate the side effects. So we settled on the bed and got down to some foreplay. And literally within a minute of her touching me, I had a very hard erection – considerably harder than it normally gets.
- 1.20 – noticed during sex that my nose felt stuffy, making kissing awkward as it was easier to breathe through my mouth.
- 1.30 – finished having sex. My erection remained very hard for a few minutes, slowly reducing over the next 10 minutes.
- 2.30 – still felt light-headed and with a stuffed nose, but it was tolerable. We decided to have sex again, and like before I was fully erect in under a minute of my partner touching me. My erection wasn’t as insanely rock hard as before, but was still very solid – probably equal to the best it ever gets without any pills.
- 3.30 – the headache and stuffed nose seemed to have cleared up. My vision remained a little odd, but better than before.
- 6 p.m. – felt completely normal again.
It works, but not without side effects
So the Sildamax clearly did what it was supposed to do; less than an hour after taking it, I was able to easily get, and keep a very solid erection.
And an hour later, I again found it easy to get a good erection. We didn’t try to have sex sooner than an hour after the first time. But I’m fairly sure it would have been easy to have sex sooner if we’d wanted to.
Despite the positive effects, I did have several side effects that took a few hours to completely clear up. They were tolerable for me personally. But I imagine the strange vision in particular could be disturbing if you’ve never experienced anything like it before.
And with that, let’s take a closer look at the potential side effects and risks of Sildamax.
Possible side effects
Sildamax isn’t as well known as some others, with less information available about it generally. So I think it’s useful to look at the known possible side effects of sildenafil citrate in the quantities typical of these type of drugs:
Rare and serious side effects
- Priapism – an erection that won’t stop. If you have one for longer than 4 hours, it’s important to get medical help to avoid penis damage.
- Vision loss – a potential sign of a serious eye problem called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy.
- Hearing loss or ringing in the ears.
- Heart problems.
If you have any of the above side effects, don’t take any more of the drug, and speak to a doctor straight away.
Common side effects
- Indigestion, upset stomach, nausea
- Flushing feeling, noticeable in the face and groin
- back or muscle pain
- Abnormal vision, such as color change (in particular seeing more blue), or blurred vision
- Nasal congestion
I’ve personally experienced some of these side effects with viagra, Sildamax, and even erectile dysfunction herbal remedies.
For me, they were tolerable and cleared up in a few hours. But it’s a personal choice as to how much you’re willing to tolerate or not.
Risk of heart problems and death?
Drugs containing sildenafil citrate have had some controversy due to reported incidents of heart problems and even death.
The viagra website has this comment about that:
In addition, heart attack, stroke, irregular heartbeat and death have happened rarely in men taking VIAGRA. Most, but not all, of these men had heart problems before taking VIAGRA. It is not known if VIAGRA caused these problems.
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or does not go away.
Some further advice comes on the useful rxlist.com website:
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
During sexual activity, if you become dizzy or nauseated, or have pain, numbness, or tingling in your chest, arms, neck, or jaw, stop and call your doctor right away. You could be having a serious side effect of sildenafil.
And if you’d like to know more about the side effects associated with sildenafil, the drugs.com website has an extensive list.
Who shouldn’t take sildamax?
Again, I think it’s worth considering the generic advice about sildenafil erectile dysfunction drugs. And that means not taking it without medical advice if the following apply to you:
- If you’re taking any medications called nitrates (prescribed for chest pain).
- If you’re taking any pulmonary arterial hypertension medicines.
- If you had a heart attack or stroke in the past, have heart disease or cardiac problems.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have an eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa.
- If you’re allergic to sildenafil.
- If you don’t have erection problems.
- If you’re a woman or child.
Some advice for taking Sildamax safely
Based on my own experience, and the research I’ve done into sildenafil, the best advice is to speak to your doctor before taking it, or any similar erectile dysfunction drug.
If you’re taking any medication, have a current or history of illness, my advice would be to clear it with your doctor – even if you can get it online.
I would also avoid accepting it from a friend, or anyone you don’t trust.
When you do take it, avoid alcohol or other recreational drugs. Drink it with plenty of water, which I and other reviewers have found helps alleviate some side effects.
Don’t take more than one pill in a 24 hour period. And if you have any serious side effects, or even less serious common ones that worry you, speak to a doctor immediately.
- Can help you get a good erection easier, and keep it for the duration of sex.
- Can help you get an erection again sooner after climax.
- Improves your confidence and satisfaction with sex if you suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Works quickly – just 30 to 60 minutes before sex is enough.
- Cheaper than brand drugs like viagra.
- Like all sildenafil drugs, some side effects can be serious.
- There are many common side effects to either tolerate or put you off taking it again.
- It’s a generic erectile dysfunction drug, with less information than more famous brands.
- Some men are at a higher risk and shouldn’t take it without medical approval.
- Comes in a high dose of 100 mg.
- It’s not a permanent cure for erectile dysfunction.
There’s no denying that Sildamax worked impressively well for me. I often have problems getting an erection unless I’m feeling particularly aroused. But with minimal stimulation I was able to get a very good erection.
I also had no problems keeping a good erection for the duration of sex. And I was ready to go again in an hour, which doesn’t usually happen for me nowadays.
However, despite doing what it’s supposed to do, I did have a number of noticeable side effects.
I felt light-headed at first, my vision was a little strange, I had a stuffy nose that made me have to breathe through my mouth, and had a flushed, visibly red face. I was able to tolerate the side effects and enjoy the sex a lot. But it took several hours for them to completely go away.
My other concern is that Sildamax is a generic sildanafil drug. And that means it carries the same risk of side effects and warnings that more established brands like viagra do.
So my advice if you’re thinking of taking it is to check with your personal doctor if it will be safe for you.
Where to buy
At this time, I don’t personally feel comfortable in recommending any particular place to buy Sildamax. I know it’s widely available in India, and online in some other countries.
As I mentioned earlier, you might like to read my viagra review to find out more about that.
And there are some other articles about erectile dysfunction you might find helpful.
Have you tried Sildamax?
If you’ve tried it, or any other sildenafil drug, it would be great to hear your experience; I know other readers will appreciate it too. And if you have any questions, feel free to share them in comments below.